Tuesday October 1, 2019 16:48
October is here, the days are getting longer and that means another IBC has come and gone. We've got a quick recap of new product announcements here - follow the embedded links for more information.
Ross Video was Living Live with its largest ever presence at the show. Designed to inspire and excite, the Ross booth showcased the latest high impact, high efficiency solutions for production professionals, including:
- New production and replay servers with higher channel counts, increased storage capacity and UHD support.
- The launch of Voyager, Ross's new graphics render engine for AR/VS applications, based on Epic Games' Unreal-4 platform and fully supporting MOS newsroom workflows.
- Newly acquired Piero, an innovative and award-winning sports analysis tool which uses image recognition or encoded camera heads to overlay tactical graphics on sports content. PIERO brings new angles to every game, on the screen and in the studio, with visually engaging and informative effects.
- XPression gets a new-generation hardware platform as well as a software update.
- Ultricore BCS – a new Broadcast Control System that adds more scale, more power and more capabilities to the Ultrix suite.
- Streamline News Video Suite – covers the workflow for managing video assets, managing a playlist of video assets and playing the clips on-air.
- MotionDirector – a new motion control algorithm for all Furio solutions that provides superior smoothness and more precise control.
And much more - click here for full details.
Cartoni showed off their new Red Lock lightweight, cost-effective tripod designed for shooters who want to work quickly and efficiently; and their new Maxima 50 heavy duty tripod head designed specifically to accommodate large, heavy digital cinema camera packages.
Deva Broadcast won a Best of Show award for their new DB4005 FM Monitoring Receiver and MPX Modulation Analyzer.
Telestream has completed their merger with Tektronix Video. These two long-time Gencom partners will only get better together. Telestream also won a Best of Show award for their OptiQ Monitor.
Haivision showed off their SRT Hub, a new platform for intelligent media routing in the cloud.